Wednesday, May 24, 2017

05/23/17 Three times a coincidence? Maybe not!

It is the habit of all three dogs now to bark at the door if someone comes to the house and I am home. I have been told that when I am not home, they just look up and wag their tails! My watch dogs are not guard dogs.

Three evenings in a row, shortly after I start the shower the Fionnegan and Gunnarr leave the bathroom and all three dogs start barking - loud. The first night I thought that the neighbor had stopped over to say hello as I just came in the house from working in the yard. The second night when it happened I thought - two nights in a row I miss the door. Hmm. But on the third night of barking as soon as I stepped into the shower, the barking started again, and  I thought something must be  up.

So I was quick about it - which was a real surprise to them. No, there was no one at the door. They were running around the atrium and dining room chasing each other and playfully barking at each other and wrestling. Fionn has a "come play with me bark" and he was enjoying the effects on both Gunnarr and Shorty. They were happily barking back at him. They must have been having quite some fun.

Well when I suddenly appeared and said - what are you boys doing, they all stopped and lined up in a row facing me, tails wagging and big smiles on their faces and looking very ornery. Caught them! That would have been the picture.

Yes, they play together. Shorty is a little rough, but he is being as gentle as I think he can. He is used to a good wrestle with the dogs in Yap, but he is now the biggest dog and not the smallest, so he cannot be as aggressive as he once was. He is learning to play nice with both. And I do love to see Fionn and Gunnarr give nose bumps to Shorty at bedtime. It is really so cute.

And Shorty seems to love his walks. He now lines up at the door when I say let's go for a walk, allows me to put on his harness and waits for the leash to be attached.  I get him ready first and he patiently waits for me to get Fionn and Gunnarr ready. A lot of progress for a dog used to running the streets freely. He likes to set the pace - fast - and he likes to lead, but Fionn is at his heels as he was the previous leader. But by the end of our walks, they are all exhausted and the pace is casual. A tired dog is a good dog!

It is hard to get a picture of them playing as they start when I am either working at my desk or in the shower. But I did manage to snap a couple of the blur of action! You get the idea.









All three join in the fun!





No better pillow than your brother. Fionn and Gunnarr are both resting after an intense few minutes of three way wrestling. Shorty is under the desk sleeping, not seen in photo.
















No comments:

Post a Comment