Monday, October 16, 2017

10/16/17 Shorty update

Shorty has now been here with us in Boston for 6 months. He has adjusted very well and is a good companion for Fionnegan, Gunnarr and me. To say he immediately made himself at home is an understatement. On his first nights here, he would take toys from Fionn and Gunnarr's bed and put them on his bed. He never really played with the toys, they just must have made him feel comfortable and at home.

He usually opted to stay downstairs at night, sleeping either in the atrium, my study or at the foot of the stairs. After I came back from my trip a few weeks ago, he started coming upstairs and sleeping at the foot of the bed. He also has been reluctant to let me out of his sight! 

But last night I was looking all over the house for him. I called him, and when he didn't answer, I was worried I left him outside. But no, Shorty was inside, fast asleep on my bed. He took it upon himself to go upstairs and go to sleep! All by himself. I guess you can say he definitely has moved in and is comfortable!

We go for as many walks as possible. Rain (and my time) are the biggest constraints and we try to find new places to explore. Because of the dogs I have now walked just about every trail in town. But over the weekend we were caught off guard by a swarm of hornets. There was a ground nest and as we were walking along the path, they flew up and attacked us! Each dogs had at least one sting and I had six. Ouch. They have all recovered and the good news is none of us are allergic to hornet stings! But this was a favorite walk for us, so I am disappointed that we cannot use that route.

As if gets colder, Shorty stays outside for shorter intervals. I had a fence built around three sides of the house that includes one covered porch. They could be outside and run back and forth and it is really nice when I am in the kitchen as they sit on the deck and watch the neighbors (Colin in particular) and their dogs Tukka and Oliver. We eat outside as much as possible so they get plenty of fresh air. But soon it will snow and that will be something to watch as Shorty sees his first snow fall. Fionn and Gunnarr love to play in the snow, let's see what Shorty thinks of all of this!.


Here are a few pictures of my boys.

Fionn and Gunnarr watching the Patriot football game with me while Shorty watches us cheering!



Shorty is such a handsome dog. He is my sweetie!






The Patriots were losing, and Fionn and Gunnarr lost interest. Such fans of the game!


It is hard to get much more comfortable than Fionn. He is such a cutie and my boy.




Gunnarr is curled up right next to me. He is my darling.




Nice set of choppers.



Fionn and Gunnarr still curl up together on their bed in the kitchen. Gunnarr hangs on my every word!



Remember when Shorty would not get into a car when he lived in Yap? Remember his New Year's resolution to get into a car? Now he loves being in a car. He usually rides in the back seat and Fionnegan is my co-pilot, but one day, Shorty decided to sit up front. he sat straight up and watched out the front window. Then Gunnarr decided to jump up front too and they watched together for a while before Fionn decided he might as well join us all in the front. Fortunately we were doing local, low speed errands so I let them stay. On longer trips, they are fastened in their seats and must sit.

I had to pull over to take these pictures, the images were just too good to miss. Here is Shorty and Gunnarr watching intently out of the front window.



They have their eyes on something!



Fionn decides to join in the excitement!




This is one of my favorite pictures. Shorty looks so happy. Fionn is now watching out the front window and Gunnarr is squeezed in the middle. He wears his harness and does pretty well on a leash, even though I know he would rather run free. But he listens, most of the time, and is a wonderful addition to our home! I am so glad we brought him home. My boys. Love them to pieces!



No comments:

Post a Comment