Sunday, October 18, 2015

10.18.15 update on green boat men

The officials from Pohnpei (capital of FSM), and I am presuming that they are from the migration office, visited Yap and the refugees last week. Long story short, they were not pleased with Yap officials allowing the men off the dock and so they have forbidden all visitors and contact with the men. That includes the priest and assistant Attorney General. They will be back next week. The religious leaders are planning a meeting to facilitate care of the men. Will keep the site updated as I learn more about the situation. No one right now can accurately predict their fate and how this matter will be managed.

For me, I am missing Yap and my friends and PH colleagues. And I miss my little Shorty very much. Friends send me updates about him and he is doing well.


No comments:

Post a Comment