Sunday, April 17, 2016

04.17.16 Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Spring!

It was a beautiful day yesterday and promises to be one today. Saturday is filled with chores and we took advantage of the warm Spring weather. My two dogs Fionnegan and Gunnarr are my most loyal companions and they do get worn out on the weekends. They follow me from room to room as I clean up and water the plants, then we have a trip to the recycling station then more errands. We stopped at the bank and they allow dogs to come in - so more new explorations. They are well behaved and were given a treat by the bank manager when we were done. There was also another dog there and so they had a play date. Normally they would be asleep by now, but I had other plans - running!

So we went to the park and ran several times around the baseball field at the edge of the outfield to make sure we all got our exercise. They love it. And so do I. We run and chase after a ball if we find one, then we run through the woods to the next set of baseball fields. Yesterday we watched the little kids playing baseball and the dogs loved it. They sat and watched the kids, and of course they were petted by a few people, then we ran back to the car. Now they are exhausted, but refuse to succumb. I had yard work to do and they went back and forth watching me carry old dead plants and tree branches to the woods. They refuse to miss anything! I have no doubt they are delighted when the weekend is over and I go back to work on Monday so they can sleep!

Now they were really tuckered out! They kept falling asleep as soon as I slowed down in the house. So I left them when I went to Church and they sat by the door and watched for me the whole time. Needless to say, they slept soundly through the night. YES! And they are still sleeping by my side as I work this morning. Little do they know another run or long walk is in our future for today!

Little pretty bird is still at the window - the tufted titmouse who looks at herself in the window. She also looks at her reflection in the side view mirror of the car - and pecks at it! The neighbor told me she also goes to their house and looks at herself in their car window. She obviously finds the image of a bird fascinating. NPR just had a special on the intelligence of birds - I wonder what they would say about this bird behavior!

As an update, there is nothing new to report on the refugees. Sorry to say. Will keep checking until I return to visit them.

Here are a couple of pictures of Fionnegan and Gunnarr.

 
Fionn always keeps one eye on me. He never misses a trick. Or treat!
 
 
All tucked in and sleeping with a soulful Bruce Springsteen playing in the background.



Gunnarr says he also keeps on eye on me while Fionne sleeps. Ever by my side, Gunnarr is a faithful as a dog can be. Even when we run, he is always right next to me, so I must be careful not to sidestep on him. What darlings they are.



Fionnegan, sound asleep after a long, exciting and active day.


Fionnegan, just making sure I am not going anywhere!


Gunnarr could not be more relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment