Friday, November 25, 2016

11/25/16 A cute visitor


During my trip to Johannesburg I had the opportunity to visit Skukuza, Kruger National Park. It was a wonderful trip, less than a one hour plane trip from Johannesburg. The camp is situated along the Sabie River and there is a lovely walk along the river inside the camp. As I was sitting there enjoying the view - cape buffalo in the river, impalas across the water, a saddle billed stork. a brown snake eagle, a kingfisher and a lapwing and heron fishing, there was a rustle just behind me. I didn't want to look as I really wanted to stay in the peaceful moment and didnot want anyone to disturb it. But the noise just coming closer so I looked up and much to my surprise - there was a beautiful Nyala walking right by me!  How did he get into the Camp, well, let  me show you.

Cape Buffalo



Saddle bill stork




Impalas and stork




Cape Buffalo









A hadidas ibis, one of my favorite. This bird is also on campus and just about everywhere. It is very noisy - a bird with a presence!



Elephants crossing Sabie River. Note the baby elephant.





And here is the Nyala. He was grazing just behind me. A beautiful animal.




How did he get inside the camp - probably just like he left the camp - he jumped over the fence!







So I decided to see where he was going and walked along the fence. He was not the least bit bothered.

 














 Baby elephant one week old. She walks right underneath her Mom's belly! An adolescent elephant is behind the Mom.



Another favorite bird - lilac breasted roller.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment