Friday, August 18, 2017

08/18/17 summer going fast

Where has the summer gone? A question many of us ask this time of year. Soon it will be time for school to start. The weather already feels like fall, with crisp, cool mornings.

We (my boys and me) have had a great summer so far. We have walked many trails and they appear to be really enjoying themselves. I also have had a great time sailing in Boston Harbor. My little girl 
Mimì and I have had a few really good sails, the last time with the wind howling at times and there was a lot of weather helm on the tiller. It is fun and I am getting better every time. The owners of the boat next to me like to watch me bring her back up to the mooring, a skill that is not always reproducible, weather dependent!
The four of us also did a road trip to Deer Island. Everyone was good and content until we were almost there, about one hour into the trip, when Shorty started whining, then Gunnarr chimed in, then Fionnegan just barked in my ear. Boys! Quiet! We are almost there! I think that must have been their way of asking "Are we there yet?"
Here are a couple of pictures of Spectacle Island taken from Mimì as we went around her. Spectacle Island is my favorite of the harbor islands. I like to sit on top of a drumlin and watch the activity in the harbor when I am not sailing.  Also took a couple of the Boston skyline from a different vantage point than I usually do not see.







Here are my traveling companions. Shorty decided to sit in the co-pilot seat. Once he sat there, Gunnarr decided he should join him, so the two of them were in the front. Well, that is usually where Fionnegan likes to sit, so yes indeed, he squeezed in as well. I drove carefully and they all were good.

Shorty and Gunnarr look so serious watching out the front window. They watched all of the cars intently. The photographs were taken with my cell phone when the car was stopped, no worries!






Shorty looks so happy, he was having a great time!



















No comments:

Post a Comment