Sunday, June 16, 2019

06/16/19 Hummingbird photographic puzzle

OK, let's have a little fun with the pictures taken in early evening light in shadows.  There is a pair of hummingbirds in my gardens several times a day. They have been feeding on the azaleas and now are having a feast on the honeysuckle.  They try the nectar in the hummingbird feeder but I never see them hovering there for any length of time. Flowers are sweeter I guess. I am making the effort to plant flowers suitable to hummingbirds and butterflies but need to do more butterfly planting.

I watch them hover and feed and they also vocalize. You can hear them whizzing past you. But last evening the male was doing his courtship routine and I decided poor light or not, it is time to try to take a picture or two. No time for a camera, these are from my cell, so the quality is not up to par.

Look close, can you see the hummingbird flying directly at you?



Here she is - a female ruby throated hummingbird. Coming right towards you!



Here she is feeding on the orange honeysuckle flowers. Beautiful little birds. I'll keep a camera handy for the next time I see the male.



Can you find her in this photograph?






This is like finding Waldo. Hope you enjoyed the challenge of finding the hummingbird!








No comments:

Post a Comment