Sunday, August 16, 2020

08.16.2020 Are you wearing your mask?

We are!

While waiting in the car for the Vet Techs to take Fionnegan and Gunnarr inside for their appointment I had to do more than listen to them bark at the other dogs waiting in their cars. Fionnegan barks right into my ear. I guess he wants to make sure I hear him and see the other dogs! So I put masks on them. They were not exactly thrilled but it did pass the time trying to get masks on them and then get a picture!

Fionnegan was first as he sits on the driver side armrest and he promptly jumped into the back seat. I had to be quick with the camera. He was instructed to cover his nose for maximum protection and safety. It did not take him long to take it off.

 

  


Gunnarr was then my next target as he was sitting in the passenger seat. He promptly tore off the first yellow mask so we went to the classic surgical mask. This one stayed on for a little longer.

  

  

Fortunately for all of us the vet techs showed up and took them inside the office. It seemed like I had a total of 10 minutes of quiet time before they had their shots and were back at the car. Reportedly they were good and gave puppy kisses to the Doctor and the assistants. Both had a good checkup but Gunnarr may have a slight heart murmur.  The vet thought it might be due to the stress of being separated from me and told me not to worry. Of course when we got home I checked with my own stethoscope! Their hearts both sounded the same to me, so I guess he is all right.

Back from the vet visit and they were just fine. No fussing from the shots. They are truly best buddies.



Shorty had to stay home and hold down the fort. I think it would be difficult to take all three to the vet at the same time. Actually it is a major challenge to take Shorty to the vet as a single pet and I decided not to take him this year. I used the pandemic as the excuse since he is good for his rabies shot until 2022. Maybe he will be a little more accommodating to the examination in a couple of years. He  does try to be good and listen, but there are limits. Baths and shots and the veterinarian examination are not on the top of his list for fun activities. Mine either. The last time he pouted all the way home. When Fionnegan and Gunnarr returned Shorty was  happy and greeted them both. Fionn, per usual, rushed past him for a drink from Shorty's bowl. Gunnarr stopped to give Shorty a nose bump and then to the water bowl. Then it was a typical evening for everyone.

Here Shorty is on his magic carpet. He does listen and lie down on his towel - I do that to minimize the hair on the carpet and he listens!

 

We all have been doing well. I try to kayak once a week or so, spend time in the garden, try to see the shooting stars at night  and we all bird watch from our deck at dinner time.

I hope you all have been safe. Another post soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment