Sunday, June 23, 2024

06.23.2024. Bye-Bye Birdie!


 The baby house finch was on the nest this morning.  Maybe trying to stay out of the rain and wind. They have also been sitting in the hanging baskets of flowers. After a couple of quick pictures I left her alone. When I went to check the nest later in the morning she was gone, three birds flew out. I think they must have already fledged as they appeared to be expert fliers, so down came the wreath.  I put the nest in a hanging basket just in case they wanted to use it.

Will see who nests in the new wreath next year.

Here are my boys. It was really hot for them this week and we had lots of fans going to keep all of us cooler. The rains this morning were a welcome relief although it is now hot and humid again. Hope you all fared well in the heat wave. 



Until next time.......








No comments:

Post a Comment