Thursday, July 11, 2024

07.11.2024 Bucky Deerburger strikes again

 Our resident rodent with antlers, Bucky Deerburger, was at it again. Yes, he has been seen in the yard on multiple occasions and never seems to mind. I came home from work this past week to find him standing in my garden along the driveway. He did jump across the driveway but waited in the woods next to the house to watch me. As I approached, he galloped away over the hill.  I checked that garden, all of the buds on the lilies were intact. Good I thought. About 10 years ago he ate all of the lily buds along the driveway. Maybe not this year. This flower garden is especially nice as I have many beautiful lilies ranging in color from white to pink to yellow to orange and light purple and deep red and deep purple. From July through the end of August some lily is in bloom. It is really nice to check them each morning to see what is in bloom.

Well, it appears that good ole Bucky was just on a scouting mission when I saw him. He came back three nights later and ate ALL of the buds from the nice lilies and left all of the buds from the less special orange lilies. He apparently has gourmet taste! A few lilies have been spared - those that were blooming in between the links in the fence and those inside the fence - although he also ate my hostas inside the fence. O Bucky, you should be very careful!

Here are several pictures of some flowers that were spared his dining experience.





No bunnies to eat my daisies, black eyed Susan's and purple cone flowers!



One of my favorite. Only two buds left after Bucky was here.
















These are of no interest to Bucky and are quite plentiful.. 


Hope you enjoyed the bouquet of garden flowers.

My boys - Shorty, Fionnegan and Gunnarr are just as happy as can be - even in this very hot weather.



Until next time.................................

Maybe a few more flowers with luck.






No comments:

Post a Comment