Thursday, December 24, 2015

12.24.15 Merry Christmas to you and your family

May you all enjoy the Spirit of this most blessed Season of Christmas. May you all be safe and enjoy good health. And please do remember  those less fortunate than yourselves and do remember them in your kind acts and prayers. And please do remember the men who arrived on the shores of Yap in that dilapidated green boat. May there be satisfactory resolution of this crisis soon.

We are enjoying very warm weather and I am finally getting used to temperatures less than 80 degrees, as long as I wear my winter coat! We are having rain instead of snow for Christmas, so it won't be a white Christmas in New England this year. Tonight will be spent with friends then Midnight Mass. Christmas Eve is my favorite evening of the year. It is peaceful, and filled with good music, pretty twinkling lights, good friends and good company and good food. I especially love attending Midnight Mass, with the beautiful choir voices and joy in the music.

My very best wishes to you and your family for a very happy and Merry Christmas.

This is just a little tree this year. But, you will notice on the tree angels from Yap and Bangladesh and decorations Ghana and Nicaragua. I will always carry warm memories of the many far away places where I have worked, and the people and places that always will hold a special place in my heart.




And Merry Christmas from Fionnegan and Gunnarr too. And I do miss my dog Shorty. If you see him, please give him a pat on the head and a tummy rub from me! I did send him treats for the holidays.


 

1 comment: