Thursday, August 18, 2016

08.18.16 Sailing races in Boston Harbor

One of the activities I really enjoy is racing. There are Wednesday night races at Cottage Park Yacht Club and weekend races with all sailing clubs in the Boston area.  Last night was a great race - it was a rumble with a lot of really beautiful sail boats participating.

But can you believe it - I did not have a camera last night! Left it on the counter at home. So I am posting a few from my last few races from before I left for Yap. If friends from last night email me any pictures from last night, I will post them later. There is still a fair amount of racing to do this season.

 
 
 
 
 
"Shout" is one of our favorite boats because of her very clever spinnaker. Shout raced last night, too.
 
 
 

 
 2014 weekend races - national competitors. We were sitting up on a hillside on Deer Island to watch the races - a completely different prospective to be able to see all of the action.
 



Rounding the mark.


Sometimes a little help is needed to extend the main sail and boom. This is Don on Pajama Girl.



"Spirit". I raced on her last night. Great crew and skipper. It was a fun night and they were very kind for allowing me to join them. We might not have won, but we all had a great time.



Beautiful sunsets on Boston Harbor.


 


Entering CPYC. My Mimi is far in the background.

 
 
"Pajama Girl" at sunset. Skipper is Charlie, a very kind man and a very good skipper. One of my favorite pictures taken while I was volunteering on the race committee boat. Working on the RC boat really helped me understand racing and it was a great way to meet other members of the club and helping with an important component of racing. I usually race on Pajama Girl, but she left the dock before I got there. Traffic in Boston is sometimes a challenge. Who am I kidding - it is always a challenge!
 
 
Even Fionnegan and Gunnarr got into sailing. Here they are wearing their lifejackets as we went out for an afternoon with a friend Richard. They had a great time and were very good. Sit, stay.
 
 
Post sailing beverages are an important ritual, even for the pups.
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Dr update about men from green boat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have shared such a nice blog with splendid images which is very impressive. I like all the images thank you for sharing this.

    sailing race

    ReplyDelete