Wednesday, July 18, 2018

07/15/18 One design races

Yes, it is not only sailing season here in New England but it is also racing season. This Sunday was the annual one design race for the Stars and Rhodes 19 sailboats. The weather was perfect, a nice breeze and no challenge from the tide. I had a blast with my crew and while we did not win, we gained new sailing skills and confidence in racing. With only two of us, it was not possible to take pictures of the race, especially when one needs to keep her hand on the tiller. But I did snap one picture of Mimi's new mainsail as we left the mooring. Sadly I am not able to make the Wednesday night races since I have to work, but will try to make more weekend races.

Here is a snap of the club burgee (CPYC) , the USA flag and the Stars and Rhodes 19. The race was official - complete with a barbeque at the finish line!




Boston skyline, Logan airport, my girl Mimi to the left of center (the little sailboat) and a family of mallard ducks in the foreground.



No comments:

Post a Comment