Sunday, November 18, 2018

11.17.18 First snow of the winter season

We had the first snow of the winter season - six inches! While I always enjoy the first snow and even enjoy the quiet that accompanies shoveling, I am not ready for five months of this beautiful white fluffy stuff! This was a bit more than expected and it is lasting far more than promised by the meteorologists.  Instead of the rain predicted after the major snowfall, we had blistery winds and more snow. So the narrow path I shoveled had to be expanded to include the entire sidewalk, driveway and porches. And I have yet to finish the fall clean-up for the yard. It may now be reserved for Spring clean-up.

The boys love the snow. I left them out at midnight when it was snowing hard and they had a great time running and jumping and burrowing their noses in the snow covered leaves. Yes, midnight. I leave early in the mornings for work, so I like to have as little to do as possible before I leave the house! Shorty, my Yapese dog who was born in the tropics, loves snow. He has been outside relatively more since it snowed than he has in the summer. All three just sniff and paw the snow. Sometimes the find a mouse - a poor unsuspecting mouse!

Here are a few picture of Fionnegan, Gunnarr and Shorty.

Fionn


Fionn and Shorty rolling in the snow.


Gunnarr.

Shorty is the first one out of the door and makes the path for Fionnegan and Gunnarr.


Gunnarr and Shorty.


Fionn and Gunnarr.



After all of that running around in the snow, it is time for a nap! This is a post haircut photograph.




What a life they have! One day I am going to figure out how to get them to shovel. But maybe the trail Shorty and Fionn and Gunnarr make is their contribution to shoveling!

Here they are waiting for me to come upstairs. The just lie down on the landing and watch me.















No comments:

Post a Comment