Sunday, March 17, 2019

March 17, 2019 Happy Saint Patirick's Day


What a beautiful day it was today. The skies were blue, the weather felt warm at 40 F (yes in New England that is warm!), there was a St. Patrick's Day parade in South Boston and for today - everyone is a wee bit Irish!  Had gone looking for a rare bird siting in Lexington, a Red Crossbill. Decided to continue my bird watching interests here as often as possible, in an attempt to improve my skills. So while I saw a few birds, such as a song sparrow, red winged blackbirds,  robin and towhee, I cannot say for certain if there was a Red crossbill to add to my list. 

Here is a little sparrow that kept me company on my walk today. It is still cold and the ground still covered with snow and ice in many places, alternating with mud! Mud season is upon us.



After the walk, decided it was a good time to go to CPYC for some good Irish company. The lasers were racing, the western wall is being redone secondary to storm damage these last few years. On the menu was the traditional boiled cabbage, corned beef and potato dinner. Sorry, not really liking that, I ordered something a little less traditional! We had the best day - Irish music and watching the parade in the comfort of the CPYC Pilot House. 

Here are a few photographs of the brave souls racing today.




Race committee boats and sailing racer.


Soon it will be time to get my little Rhodes 19 back on her mooring. Looking forward to the warm spring and summer days and sailing.

There are a lot of Irish sayings.  Hope you enjoy this little cartoon. I can imagine they are playing a favorite of mine - Black Velvet Band.


May you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows you  are dead.

Until next time,  may your days be many and your troubles be few. And may all God's blessings descend upon you.



No comments:

Post a Comment