Monday, July 4, 2022

07.04.2022 Happy 4th of July

 Independence Day.  A weekend of celebration of the birth of our nation on July 4, 1776. I often think about what stand what I take - be a loyalist to the British or a rebel and fight for freedom? I guess I do not have to ponder that question for long - I would be the rebel fighting for our cause of independence, a new beginning and freedom.

And I love fireworks. I am a fireworks chaser! Last night I went to see them at CPYC (Winthrop) where my little Mimi is moored. It was a great evening; the weather was perfect and not only was there the town sanctioned fireworks but there were quite a few extras along the beach.  If it weren't for those pesky little no-see-ums (little flying bugs that bite) the evening would have been perfect. I had a front row place against the rail and enjoyed the opportunity to video a few segments of the displays.




But first, I am more than happy to say that Mimi has made it to her mooring safe and sound. Today I spent some time tuning her up to get ready for sailing. She has new rigging and lines and I am hopeful she will be smooth sailing!

Here she is, the little boat with the blue cover.


Sunset behind the city of Boston.

Let the fireworks begin!



























Boston at night. 











More fireworks tonight at a town nearby!

Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the nice weather and celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment