Monday, March 21, 2016

03.21.16 Happy Spring!

Today is the first day of Spring, Shorty's birthday see: (mydogShorty.blogspot.com), and a snowstorm in the Northeast! Not as bad as some predictions, we had several inches of white powdery snow just in time for work this morning. It was fun, easy to shovel, and melted fast from the road and the driveway.

It is time for Spring. Took advantage of a couple of warmer, sunny days to finish yard work, change the Winter wreath to a Spring wreath, put the melting salt, boots and gloves away. Of course it would snow! The dogs, Fionnegan and Gunnarr, loved the fresh snow and ran and chased each other for a long time. When they came in, they were covered in snowballs and I had to put them in the kitchen to melt the snow from their hair. 

Also took the time this weekend  for "Spring cleaning" in the house and must have done a thousand loads of laundry. Trying to get everything spruced up for Easter, which is this coming Sunday. It feels good to have the house all straightened out. I had ordered a new bookcase several months ago and it arrived Friday, so a friend and I had to carry it inside the house. But now that it is in place, my study has finally pulled together.

Hope you all enjoyed a good day. No new word about our refugees, but I will keep you posted whenever I hear anything.

Enjoy this first day of Spring. The sun has peeked through the clouds, and tomorrow we should have bright blue skies!

Shorty is 2 years old today. Sorry that I cannot be with there with him. I heard he is sad again since I left, but he has treats with various friends around Colonia, so he won't be hungry! I sent Daniel a note to remind him of his birthday and hope he gets a special dinner and treats.

Here are a few Spring snow pictures.

It is snowing hard this morning.


Birdbath.


Snow covered mountain laurel.



Hope springs eternal. It will be bright and warm soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment