Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A few more pictures of Yap.



Men from the green boat.

 
 



Hard at work guarding my door.



But he will wake up for a treat!



AA - Julie's granddaughter. She is a delightful child with a beautiful smile. I really like her and it was good to see how big she is getting!


Cid - the dog at Oceania Hotel - and she is only a pup but a pregnant pup. Hope it all goes well. Shorty and I both took a liking to her.  She would wander up to my room looking for him and they would give each other nose bumps!


A model outrigger canoe sail boat, without the sail.


An artisan at the Living Museum in Colonia.

Jennifer, proprietor of the Oceania Hotel.




 

Denitha and Angie preparing the potluck lunch they held for me. It was really nice to see everyone again. I really missed them.


Naty in Public Health.


Look who is so happy sitting on my bed!


Cid is also a great pal.


Connie, who helps feed Shorty when I am off-island.



Home made roti by the Indian and Nepalese  refugees.


This is the fishing boat John Beady chartered to take the eclipse chasers to Woleai. They have my very best wishes for a safe journey and calm seas and blue skies to view the eclipse.


Shorty and I walked the old stone path one last time before I left. First we went to Mass then we headed to see Heidi and the children for dinner before departing Yap.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment