Sunday, May 28, 2017

05/28/17 update on Shorty - good boy

Shorty has written a new story on his blog with cute pictures of him and Fionn and Gunnarr. Visit: mydogShorty.blogspot.com. He tells the story in his own voice.

Three dogs are indeed a lot of work. But Shorty is making such progress and is really one of the pack or team - if you like. He usually comes when called, and I try not to use the command give me a kiss too much as he seems to not be able to resist! I save that for special occasions. Especially since he still gives me lots and lots of puppy kisses. He is also adapting well to new people and a dog sitter starts this week. He met her on Saturday and is clearing smitten. She is in the 5th grade and they really seemed to hit it off. Fionn and Gunnarr like her too and it will be a big help for me to have someone come in during my longer days at work to let them outside.

Shorty has learned to do many new things, including wearing a harness, walking on a leash, sleeping indoors, and having two active little dogs near him at all times. he has learned to stay in the condo/pen when I go to work, he does not make a mess in the house nor does he do any damage. One thing he likes to do is to steal toys from Fionn and Gunnarr's beds and my socks and put them in his bed. He has moved in! One thing he does not do is watch tv. Unlike Fionn and Gunnarr who have every commercial with a dog in it memorized, Shorty has no clue whey Fionn and Gunnarr get up to bark at the tv. He has learned to deal with it and no longer runs out of the room.

And as you can imagine, outside of work, there is very little else I do now besides cooking cleaning and walking and training the dogs and gardening. I hope to get the sailboat in the water soon and I look forward to a little alone time on the water. I also sleep well at night! So if my blog sounds boring, bear with me. I have a few trips planned - one mission trip to Honduras and one pilgrimage - for later this year. Have to make sure there is peace in the valley before I venture out for any extended period of time!

The boys! Playing together. Try getting three dogs to look at the camera at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment