Friday, July 28, 2017

07/28/17 Fledging









After the storm and heavy rains I was really concerned about the little cardinal chicks in the nest by the house. Well, worry no  more, they fledged! I had the pure luck of being outside while the first one flew out of the nest onto a very close branch. The little bird called to the Mom cardinal and then flew up one more branch. He looked so scared! Then Momma bird came close and called to him and off he went. I think there were only two chicks in the nest. Now the male and female cardinals are no longer sitting in the bush.

Here are a couple of pictures of the fledgling. He is a cutie! Look at that tuft of feathers on his head and that relatively huge bill!






A farm close to my house, with sheep and goats.



And Shorty is doing very well in his forever home. He follows me everywhere!






No comments:

Post a Comment