Friday, February 6, 2015

02.06.15 Busy week

After much excitement about the Super Bowl, I did have to get down to working very hard. But - I did watch it twice. Once in real time and once again when it was played at a local restaurant. It was even better the second time.

Have been teaching a class several times a day, several days a week and it is exhausting, especially with all of the other things that need done. Some nights I would go home after 8:30. But  Shorty and I made some time  to go for a walk along the shore behind the hospital. It was one of those really nice days where it was not too hot or humid with a gentle breeze blowing off the ocean. Plus, Shorty needs some exercise since he is eating so well. I now wish I gave him a better name than Shorty, but he recognizes it as his name so too late to change it. One little girl calls him Lucky, because he was lucky to find me (some kids are just too sweet).

Playing with anything he could find on the ground. He really does have short legs!



He has beautifuk tuffs of reddish blonde hair behind his ears.


Ankle deep is about all he would go into the water. His ankles! Maybe I'll try to take him swimming with me sometime.


He's chasing something - a ground crab or mole. Lucky something didn't bite his nose. We also played with a stick and he seemed to really enjoy chasing it. We have to work on the concept of bringing it back to me. But if I should turn away to look at the sea and he was a bit off to the distance, he would be next to my side in a minute. He is also starting to put his head on my shoes/feet when he lies down next to me. But it seems that the effects of abuse is really deeply set in him. He now chases and barks at the lady and her children who abused him. And he will not let me brush him easily. Probably afraid of being hit. So I just bring it out only on occasion and put a piece of a treat on it. He waits quite a while before he will go take the treat.




There is a little boy named Alerin who also keeps me company. He sat and chatted with me when I was doing laundry and then stopped up to the apartment after school. He has an incredible vocabulary for a grade school boy. He tols me that he found a puppy sleeping on the road on his way to school and rescued it. Cool kid. And very polite.



Then I also went to a funeral. Gabrielle, a beautiful young woman, lost her battle with cervical cancer. It was a good experience to be there and incredibly sad to see her parents and family mourn her loss. I sat in the back although I am always obvious, and just watched and listened. Before the prayers at the home, everyone puts a bouquet of flowers inside the casket. I did not know that ahead of time, so I went outside and picked a flower from a bush. The older woman next to me nodded approvingly. Good thing, because that is what a few other women did as well.

And I found this picture on a sports website. Gisele Bundchen's husband won his fourth Super Bowl, so states a Brazilian newspaper. Keeps a little balance in the family!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment