Friday, February 27, 2015

02.27.15 work as usual

Not much new happening. Still teaching the course on statistics and survey writing and about half the class has quit. The ship left for the outer islands along with some class members, too. We had a site visit from the immunization assessment branch of the CDC - a nice visit with some very nice people. Have realized that I need to do my taxes but with the internet access worse than ususal for me, I am finding that a challenge. Andrew, the Yap Catholic volunteer teacher, and I continue to wrok on the surgical outcome survey and I still put in long hours.

Sunday and Monday are "Yap Day", a big celebration of  the Yap culture. I was given a beautiful grass skirt - and no - I will not be going topless! Hope to have some nice pictures and stories.

Here are a few from this week:

My greass skirt (made from hibiscus fibers) and a purse.


Snuggled right in to my office. Keeps me company at  night and on the weekends when I am working late. He also has his own cup of  water.


Buddy, a very big dog with big teeth. May be Shorty's dad. Sometimes it looks like Shorty is afraid ofhim, other times they play together. Buddy likes the treats, too. Not shown - Blondie is wearing a new purple collar. Asked her owners to take off her other collar as it was really tight. They did and so I gave her a pretty one. She still waits for me in the morning and afternoon for her treats.


A nice dip in the ocean after playing catch. This morning he  went to the sea on his own.


Cute kids.




 

1 comment:

  1. Dr Rosemary I am from Nepal i want to know about green boat asylum including nepalese and indians are they still on yap its very long process there is no news about them from a long time pls as a human being share their recent news how they are when will be these refugees repatriated why micronesian govt silent on that matter.so pls give their views we are waiting we check ur post daily because through your post we know about them as a human being pls help us out if them one is my brother and my father and mother are worried about them

    ReplyDelete