Saturday, February 21, 2015

02.22.15 Visitor in the Office

Yes, it has  been a while since I posted. Returned to Yap exhausted - couldhave used one more day to recover in Guam, if anything for some really good food and the beautiful beaches. And a recovery from the travel delays wold have been nice. Arrived at 12:30 AM - so another long day with no  recovery. Back at work - seems like forever since I have been here. Classes resumed and there is no internet at my apartment. So I am now at the office trying to "read the newspapers" and then continue on the lesson for  tomorrow.

On Sunday mornings, I like to take my little buddy Shorty for some exercise. Since he does eat really well, he needs to stay trim. We go  to the park behind the hospital and throw a stick, he catches it but never seems to want to give it back to me. He gnaws on it (I stopped letting him gnaw on my rings, hands and bracelets) but I think all of his adult teeth are in place. He also was up to his neck in the water, he watched me throw some coral and he went after them. Later I threw a stick in the water for him, but the current took it too fast. He jumped around for a little while then rolled in the grass as well as that obligatory shake. So we both got a little exercise and it was time for his nap and my work.

Here's my little buddy in my office - wearing his flea collar and a red collar. No mistaking that he "belongs to someone".




A little exploration. Sometimes I think about bringing Shorty home having him play with Fionnegan and Gunnarr. But I really think Shorty is an island dog. He likes the "world as his oyster" and roaming. He is also a little chicken at heart. He walked me home one late afternoon and was watching the sea with me. One loud explosion and Shorty took off running and never looked back. He is still afraid of sudden movements and hair brushing.



Yes, he has his own cup. If you look closely  on his left side facing the camera, the mark is hair loss as a result of one of our neighbors here throwing scalding water on him when  he was a puppy. He also has one crooked paw - left front.  It really makes me sad and upset to see people abusing animals and children. I think Shorty is almost a year now. We are going to celebrate his birthday in Spring!



Coast line of Southwestern Guam.


Dry snorkeling again!



Bear rock.



Chamorro village.



The man was telling us how baskets are made.



Newly weds. And a "selfie".


Southeast coast of Guam.


Almost sunset.


The beauthiful sea.



More cows on parade.


This is the beach where the US rescued Guam from the Japanese in WWII.


Old fort.



Portal in fort.



More colorful fish.

 

1 comment:

  1. Dr Rosemary now u are in yap and today is sunday please share recent photos of green boat refugees and their views

    ReplyDelete