Friday, February 5, 2016

Bruce.............

...............and the E Street Band.




Well, it has been a while since I last posted. Mostly because I have been heartbroken over the loss of my beloved New England Patriots in the AFC championship game and we are not going to the Super Bowl. That and I have been really, really busy at work and with the house and my boys Fionnegan and Gunnarr. The boys will write again soon to Shorty (mydogShorty.BlogSpot.com) to keep Shorty appraised of their fun and adventures. Sadly, I have heard that Shorty may not be doing well. I will need to check on him, too, very soon.




But last night I had the opportunity to see Bruce Springsteen in concert for my fourth time. It was fantastic. I do believe he is getting better with time! For almost 3.5 hours it was all music. No gimmicks, no fireworks or staged production to enhance the experience, just pure music. Clarence's nephew Jake was fantastic and a very talented musician, just like his uncle. Bruce is an American poet, one of the best, who has set his poetry to music and tells the story of life - good and bad - happy and sad - that resonate with many people. I was amazed at the number of teens and 20 year olds in the audience who sang along with all of the songs!




He narrates some of his songs before he starts and it is very interesting to learn about the background and his ideas as he composed the lyrics. And he engages with the audiences very well. My fourth concert and I'd go again tomorrow if I could!




Perhaps the best show of his humanity was when he went into the audience singing Hungry Heart and saw a sign that asked for a hug. Well, he picked up the little girl (maybe 7 years old) and she wrapped her arms around him and they sang the chorus together! Just a very tender moment. And her Dad was beaming. Later he also danced with a young girl on stage - and her Mom was beaming. Such a nice touch.




If you ever have a chance to attend a concert, well worth it.





 Bruce Springsteen at TD Garden, Boston, February 4, 2016. Photo from Boston Globe. He still looks good!




3 comments:

  1. Dr please update about men from green boat or update about their refugee status

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr please update something more about green boat man and upload some new pictures of green boat man

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr please update something more about green boat man and upload some new pictures of green boat man

    ReplyDelete