Monday, December 17, 2018

12/17/18 Snow on my birthday

Yes, there was a light snowfall today, my birthday. Most years we have some, so I was delighted to see the light snowfall this morning. It did not last long, did not stick to the roads, and most important, there was no shoveling to do! My kind of snowfall.

I believe that we should celebrate each birthday. It is an important milestone in our personal lives, and each one counts. Each one is a blessing and none of us know how many we shall be granted. I use this time to reflect on the past year - the good and the bad - and make plans to be better during the coming year. I like to reflect on this day rather than the new Year's Day, as to me it is a bit more personal.

Usually I like to go out on the town and do something special. One year I went downtown Boston and walked around looking at the lights in the trees and windows. In the past I had gone to the Christmas performance by the Boston Pops, had dinner in a special restaurant or gone to a much anticipated movie. This year as I was deciding on what exactly I wanted to do I found myself deciding on what I would make for dinner for me and the boys. I felt that this year I would like to be quiet and have some time with them since I have been pretty busy these past few weeks, and the week to come is just as busy. So I stopped at the grocery store and picked up some fresh fish and went home and made a much enjoyed dinner for all of us. There was not a crumb left on any dish or bowl! They do appreciate my cooking more than anyone I know. Later the boys spent some time outside as it is quite warm for this time of year and they ran and played and barked at Tukka and Oliver, our neighboring dogs. Funny how they know when they are outside. And now they are curled up taking a nap. Good boys!

I hope you all take the time to enjoy your own special day - your birthday. Just time with friends and family make it a special day. Although a little papering is always fun and much enjoyed.

Here are a couple of pictures of my four legged boys.

Shorty is having fun modeling a new scarf I got for my birthday. It does accentuate his coat color, doesn't it?



He also got a new bed to keep him warm during the cold winter months. It is heated and he does seem to like it. He won't stay in the kitchen during the really cold days so I have to be creative to keep him warm and comfortable.



Fionnegan, Gunnarr and Shorty chasing the squirrels from the bird feeders. It is good exercise for them. Lots of running and barking.


Here is Gunnarr in his puppy cave. It is a bit worn but both Fionn and Gunnarr prefer it over any other bed. When I leave for work I must leave them both a smart bone, or else I get the sad puppy eye treatment.




Fionn is enjoying a tasty "stick". It is good for their teeth.  And they all are quiet for about 15 minutes!




A rare look at the camera for Gunnarr. He has become very camera shy. But he is a love. So sweet.



And now it is nap time after dinner, a run and a treat. Good night to all of my readers. We will back with more adventures soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment