Friday, March 13, 2015

03.14.15

Another Friday the 13th yesterday and am happy to report no problems!

It has been very busy here with a lot of late nights. We are working hard on the surgical outcomes project and have reviewed over 800 charts to date. That is causing me to burn a lot of midnight oil. There also have been a few more meetings and I am also training some  of the  staff to perform vital signs to help in clinic. The recruits are from the Behavioral Health and Wellness program, all with college level training, and they are a delight. So we are having fun with this.
The epidemiology and statistical course came to a close on Friday. It was a lot of work and I do hope it helped.
I am also in the final stages of our betel nut project, and a person from the CDC has offered to help write an abstract for a meeting this year. I am also running our weekly Public Health meetings - just like we run meetings at home. At least we are running closer to time and a lot of concerns are being brought forward - a very good thing. The QA person has now asked if she can attend. I hope that is good!
My plan for today is to go to a "hanging it up dance" - the end of the traditional dance season, except I don't know what time, nor is there anyone I can call. This will be hit or miss.
And I am hoping that Children's Hospital will be able  to help this beautiful little girl. She has a congenital eye lesion that is growing. She is really a sweet child and I met her when I was in Ulithi. She was one of the little group that came to visit with me and dance and sing. What a sweetheart. First things first - we have to see if this  is resectable, then figure out how and where it can be done.

Isn't see a cutie?



Shorty is sleeping just behind my chair. We may go for a walk in the park so he can get a bath. He ws playng in the mud this morning. Yesterday I think he was sick, but he looks better today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment