Thursday, March 19, 2015

03/20/15 Wrapping things up this week

No idea where the time flies. It is Friday before I know it. A busy but good week. And I did start a new class with three motivated PH staff, so I think this should be a good group. We had Spring weather on Tuesday, then it has  been really really hot since. It is even too hot for Shorty!
Tomorrow I leave for a week of R/R in Palau. I hear it  is a beautiful island and am looking forward to the opportunity to visit. It is just a short hop away with good bird watching, snorkeling, kayaking and diving. I have been certified yet in diving, but I do hope to go kayaking.

We have had a few canine incidents here. The latest affected Buddy, who must have been in a fight with a bigger dog as he sustained serious soft tissue damage to his eyelid and skin. Sparing details, he is now back to health with a good course of antibiotics and all of his wounds are clean. And he is getting some good calories, too.

Boxes of surprises have arrived - always nice for all!

Here is my little Shorty - keeping me company while I work. He spent the night in my apartment once as he was roaming the streets when I went home. He was a good house guest!
 

Poor Buddy. Wonder what the other dog looked like. But he is getting better. The dogs sleep under cars during the day as it is cooler for them. That is what is also recommended if you are stranded in the desert - stay under the car during the day.



 

1 comment:

  1. Dr Rosemary pls tomorrow is sunday pls send recent pics of green boat men why there is no news about them its long process when will be these men deported back to their home country.pls help us we are in trouble

    ReplyDelete