Sunday, March 29, 2015

03/30/15 Typhoon Maysak. Back in Yap.

Typhoon Maysak may sack Yap late Tuesday/early Wednesday morning. The PC volunteers from the outer islands of Ulithi and Fais have been brought to mainland Yap yesterday in preparation for the hit. Right now, it looks close. Hit Chuuk yesterday. It has a westward projection but am hoping it heads north and misses us. Of course, we need to worry about Guam and Saipan and the Northern Marianna islands, too. We all are at risk right now.

This is the weather map from NOAA on 3/20/15 at 10 AM (Yap time).


Here is the projected course as of last night:





Everything else here is fine while I was gone. Shorty was in a fight of some sort and has a cut above his right eye and one on his leg. Buddy is doing fine, and his eye wound is healing. Blondie is still as cute as ever and gets all excited when she sees me. And I have fed Scarback but Sweet Baby is missing. It will  be a dilemma on what to do with them all if the typhoon  or even a tropical storm hits. I'll try to get Shorty back to my place, but I might have to evacuate to the hotel  with everyone else. We'll see.

BTW - Shorty is enjoying his new toys. We play before and after I  work.

He is a curious one.



He is enjoying the tennis balls.



This is how he covers his nose whenever a big dog comes after him.


Fionnegan (blue) and Gunnarr (red) are also doing well in Maine. They have been enjoying the snow, too. Here are the latest pictures of my boys.



 

1 comment: