Friday, August 7, 2015

08.07.15. Green boat refugee men health update

One step at a time.

Two Public Health  nurses (Naty and Deborah) and Henry from Behavioral Health and Wellness and I went to visit the men. My role was to introduce them to the nurses and assure them that if needed, the hospital director stated that they would continue to receive health care. I did not mention IOM, hospital bills, etc as that is not my role. Then the nurses were to talk to the men and determine  if anyone needed to come to the hospital or if any care is needed. I do hope this system works and I am cautiously optimistic. It is so hard to keep everyone on the same page.

The  men are doing well, no one needed to go to the OPD,  but access to food  is still a major problem We delivered a lot of  food today donated from The US Navy Seabees. The Seabees also gave them some MRE (mealsready to eat) and the men love them. Mashed potatoes was a hit.

Met some new PCRV. They also donated for the men - will use their money to buy more soap and toothpaste. This new crew is in education, education accreditation and youth activities. They seem to be a great group and I wish I would have more time to interact with them. Took Shorty and Buddy with me (stated as if I had a choice!) and the boys were good while the volunteers talked. The President of Micronesia was at the hotel where we met for a special dinner hosted by  the Chinese, so a couple of us went upstairs to see. China has a very keen interest in Micronesia in general and Yap in particular. They are sending a medical delegation this weekend and we were told to accommodate them. However, the Chinese doctors only want to see a few patients.

Here are a few pictures of the green boat men and the PH staff.

Naty (has a cold) and Deborah.


Henry who is promising the men a surprise on Monday. He is like a rock star to them.











 

1 comment:

  1. Hello ma'am I Brijesh from India. I need this pictures for testimony of Jesus Christ. Now I'm doing bible Theology from Spicer Adventist university. Thank you

    ReplyDelete