Sunday, November 5, 2017

11/04/17 Honduras medical mission trip day 1

It has been almost two years since I went on a medical mission trip. Between trying to get resettled at home after returning from the Peace Corps and now the proud pet Momma Bear of three dogs, there really was no good time. But a great opportunity presented itself via Health Volunteers Ovearseas and I am now in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

My first impressions are very positive, although I am well aware to be careful to be safe. I was met at the airport by Dr. Roberto, a surgical oncologist at San Phillipe hospital, a regional and public hospital. Last night we had a wonderful dinner with his wife Dr. Siham and their three children, all adorable.  The oldest, little Rioberto, speaks very clear English and with luck, he is going to help me with my Spanish!

Here are a few first impression photos of the area.




View from my hotel room.




They also have one up on us as far as the Christmas decorations - they have their Christmas trees up and decorated! 








A small beautiful church close to the hotel.



Fionn and Gunnarr are seen via my nanny cam. They are watching to door, waiting for me to come home. Shorty is on the couch, watching Fionn and Gunnarr. My friend, Auntie Diane is staying at the house and watching the boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment