Monday, October 6, 2014

10.05.14 Cultural dance practice

 
 
Trying to video a few clips of the cultural dancers. The canoe festival is in 35 days and I am so looking forward to it. Now when I walk through this one village, they let me know about the dance and invite me to attend.

Little Cia, age 2, and her Grandmother Claire. A foot in both worlds.




Learning young.



Claire, Cia's grandmother, weaves a basket during rehersals. She was very nice to me and invited me to attend rehersal. She also advised me about places to swim. Women swim with their clothes. Expats wear a bathing suit under their clothes.


 Kids in the village. They also let me know that there was dance practice today.


Beautiful dragonflies everywhere. Here is a nice red one.



Ancient stone pathway. They used to connect all of the villages. This was a short one to a very secluded set of homes. I felt as if I might be intruding so I didn't stay long.


Village home. Many are blue.



Almost sunset.


Time to go home and get some rest.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment