Monday, October 6, 2014

10.06.14. Who am I? Number 4 - and one of my favorites

I am small but easy to spot because of my bright red feathers. I am "flighty" so taking my picture is not always so easy. I am found throughout Micronesia and travel in flocks. And I am beautiful. Who am I?

The first two are from Chuuk.

Can you spot me in the mangrove tree?




Can you see me now?



Can you see me now?



OK, I am having too much fun with this.  Here are a few more from different angles from an unusally cooperative bird. But on Sunday late afternoon I took a walk (same direction as the dancing) and much to my surprise there he was just sitting on a branch. I has specifically hoped to find one to photograph and there he was, in all his glory.

Notice he is perched on one foot. Why does a bird stand on one foot?

 



The various angles should help identify and any eye rings, strips, tail feather stripes.






These male birds are Chuukese. OIC.






 



Can you see me now?

Please use the comments section and take a guess. This is one of my favorites because not only brightly colored but very active and a nice song.

Hint for bird identification: Wikipedia. Micronesia. Now I have made it  too easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment