Monday, September 14, 2015

09.15.15 A very special thank you for the donations for the green boat men

Two more boxes of books arrived for the men - thank you Mrs. Carol and Mrs. Noel. They are much appreciated and wull certainly help the men improve their English skills and give them something helpful and useful  to do while waiting here for placement.

Thank you also for everyone who donated on the RocketHub crowdsourcing site. The funds will be used  for food and essential necissities.

The men are very appreciative of your kindness and I want to say a special thank you again to Mrs. Paula who  has sent packages time and time again for the men, school children and the dogs and puppies of Yap. Yap is a richer place because because of the kindness that has followed me from the people of the Boston area.

My service with the Peace Corps has come to an end and I will be back in Boston next week. This has been an incredible experience and I am also grateful to the people of Yap for the kindnesses shown to me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment