Thursday, September 24, 2015

09.24.15 Getting resettled

Finding it hard to unpack - where is everything I packed before I left and do I really need all of those things? Check engine light on the car just before I left and still on now. Three days later it is fixed and passed inspection. Jury duty today - no cases went to trial, 9 were pending, so we just waited for  plea bargaining. Judge was very nice and tried to make us feel that this was a good use of our time. Am good for three years before I get called again.

Fionn and Gunnarr are settling in nicely. They can still do "sit" and Fionn remembers "give me your paw". Gunnarr was never very good at that. After jury duty and car inspection I came home and we stayed outside for a while. It was beautiful - perfect blue sky and temperature. Fionn and Gunnarr ran around the yard chasing each other and who knows what! They seem like they recognize everything and are being pretty good at listening. However, boot camp started today. They are about 5 to 8 pounds overweight, so I will be sure they exercise and eat a little less. They seem not to have much interest in food today, so maybe they were overfed before I picked them up. Both have been weighed and will keep an eye on their progress. They will run faster and harder with a little less package - just like people!

And, yes I caved. They were in the bathroom for a few hours as the location of their sleeping quarters, but I woke up in the middle of the night and the rest is history. They not only joined me, but took over the bed. Tonight is a new night. They are fast asleep on the  kitchen floor. Maybe I will leave them here although the bathroom is cozier and warmer and easier to clean if there is an accident. Tomorrow I will look for a student to petsit during the day when I go back to work. Laura was the sitter last year and they loved her and she them. Maybe we will be lucky enough to find someone like her.

The amount of yard work and house work to do is almost overwhelming. I am trying to stay calm and tackle one thing at a time - not an easy approach. Plan for tomorrow is to go to the postoffice and sort through mail, yard work, unpack some things in the house, and run with the boys. Will keep me busy!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment