Wednesday, September 23, 2015

09.23.15 Back in Boston and off to Maine

It was a long but really uneventful trip back to the USA. What is the one thing I must do? Get my boys Fionnegan and Gunnarr who are staying in Maine. It was a long day, even without jet lag, one major wrong turn - in memory of Yogi Bera - when you see a fork in the road take it. Well I did and it was the wrong one. But found the pups, my how they have grown.

Moose in Maine. Fortunately not a real one. Don't want to run into one on the road.




A very special thank you to Jackie and Larry, godparents of Fionnegan and Gunnarr. It was as hard for them to say goodbye as it was for me to leave them there last year. OK, not really as hard, but close. They did a fantastic job of taking care of my dogs, which allowed me to have this incredible experience with the Peace Corps. Thank you Jackie and Larry. Thank you so very much.



Fionn recognized me first and gave me a ton of puppy kisses. Gunnarr would just smile at me and wanted me to pick him up. Gunnarr gives one kiss at a time. Fionn covers your whole face and more! Fionn was leaning over and licking my face even while Larry was holding him! If you blow on Fionn's right ear he will turn and give one kiss. I tried it on the way home and it still works.

They got into the grove immediately in the car. Gunnarr always sits on the right side in the dog car seat, Fionn always on the floor on the left on a pillow. A few miles into the trip Gunnarr was car sick and threw up. Not unusual. We had a great ride home, Fionn sneaking up in between the front seats to watch with me. Gunnarr kept smiling at me. We stopped a few times so they could walk. As soon as we got in the drive they knew they were home and were really excited. We walked in the back then they ran around the house checking everything out. We will have to go shopping for new dog beds and toys as they apparently wore out everything. I can see how - they have a lot of energy. But they are going to sleep together and tonight I left them in the bathroom. I can hear them calling but I think this is best. We'll see how long this plan lasts! It is nice to have them back with me.


Gunnarr is sitting up, Fionn is lying down, per usual.


Fionnegan. He is such a sweet dog.


Gunnarr. Poor little one gets car sick often. Did not bring him any meds but will keep that in mind for our future road trips. He is really sweet, too. Such good dogs.



Look - there is room for Shorty in the middle! That will happen some day! I think the three of them will get along just fine.

 

1 comment:

  1. Gud luck Doctor and thnx for what you did for green boat men. May god bless you.

    ReplyDelete