Monday, September 28, 2015

09.28.15 writing from my country house

It has  been a week since I arrived back in Boston. I do miss Yap, my friends and colleagues, and my Shorty. I was in Church Saturday and had to laugh. It was not unusual for Shorty and me to arrive late after initially arriving one hour early. That was due to me not keeping track of time but just coming and going. This Saturday, we arrived at Mass one hour early, so I took the dogs for a walk nearby and ended up arriving 15 minutes late. Some things do not change! As the choir here was singing, I was remembering the local choir  in Yap, and how one morning I was standing outside the church listening to the choir, taking in the tropical air, and the flowers, and looking at the mission style church and just feeling that this is the way it should be. That was a very special moment, and as I relived it now, thinking of the blessings given to Shorty and me after Mass, the tears were unavoidable. It was a memorable experience.

Heidi sent me a lovely picture of the kids. I miss them very much and look forward to seeing them as soon as possible. The kids are simply adorable and I love them dearly. Hugs and kisses to all of them!



And Shorty has been spotted by Betsey. She is keeping a good eye out for him. He was at the store near the hospital - a good place for him as Daniel lives right above the shop. As much as we wanted Betsey to take in Shorty, he had other ideas. She said he would not follow her down the road. I miss that dog! He does have a mind of his own I must say, but  love him dearly!



Fionn and Gunnarr have settled in to their home, I am keeping them busy and they appear exhausted as they are sleeping at my feet. They are real cuties, too.



A quote I found at "Life is Good" store says it all for me: Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful. My life is far from perfect, but many times it is wonderful with all of the blessings I have had.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment