Saturday, January 17, 2015

01.17.15 Back in Yap

Arrived home in Yap and am exhausted. It was a great and incredible experience visiting and working in two outer islands Fais and Ulithi. Will need to sort my thoughts and photographs.

What could be a better welcome home than lots of hugs and kisses from  my dear little Honora. She ran up a steep hill to greet me. Her Mom Heidi brought me home from the airport and while we visited in my apartment, Nora was content with Milano dark chocolate cookies and Hershey kisses. Is it any wonder that I am a favorite auntie???!!!

My beautiful little Honora.


Heidi, a missionary for PMA and a dear friend.



Little Theo.


Tommy - who did take 5 seconds from his pals PJ and JP to give me a hug and kiss. He is climbing a banana tree. I always have thought that if they can survive it, a childhood in these areas is great. They learn so much about how to take care of themselves. Must put a squeeze on the coronaries for some Moms.


Raina was the first up the hill to give me a big hug and kiss.  JP (who is holding a helicopter) is behind her who also gave me a hug and kiss then off they went playing. Raina is definitely an island girl!
 
 
 
Tomorrow I will start to  organize the photographs. I also have to prepare for an 8 week course that I will be teaching. Who needs sleep?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment