Sunday, April 12, 2015

04.12.15 Fedrai (Ulithi atoll) and Typhoon Maysak

This is a beautiful little atoll with some of the nicest people ever. As soon as I was out of the water I hear a little voice calling after me "Rosemary" and then some little kids singing the phrase I taught them "Keep your eyes on the prize". I was there for one day in January. We ndelivered the supplies and spent the night as it was getting late.

Here are a few pictures of the people and the damage from the typhoon.

 Holding the bow line to keep the motor boat collecting supplies close to the fishing boat. I did that once and it takes a lot of strength.



 






Men's house.




 





Cutting down branches with a machete.

 
Trevor, a very nice young man. He was my guide to show me the flattened houses.                








 

No comments:

Post a Comment