Saturday, April 25, 2015

04.25.15 Shorty meets the Vet; and so does Bandit.

Yes, Shorty had an operation today. There is a vet here from Australia who is donating the neutering services. The dogs had to  have a collar and leash, well Shorty has never had a leash. So I got one that was made of cotton and put it on him in the morning sohe could get used to it. Well he did. As he sat behind my car Icould tell he was gnawing at something but that usually is his paw or coat. When I lifted the leash to  lead him out, there was nothing at the other end! He chewed right through it! O, but it did have a loop and I was able to get him into a car and to the clinic. He did well, and now he his home recovering on my bed. They said the dogs should stay indoors and not jump. I carried all 34 pounds of him up the stairs, only to have him jump on the bed as soon as he was inside. Hope the stitches hold.

The vet, and Rachel, and Shorty.




Brandy is in the 8th grade and is watching Shorty as he recovers. She is here with her father and brother and their dog "Nutsy". Whileshe calls him that, her Dad said his name is Nuts as he was part of a Nuts and Bolts duo.


And here is Nutsy. Medicated and waiting for his turn. They do have a very nice process - smooth and efficient.



No jumping, right? Jumped right up on my bed. The white sheet  is his space and covers at least 3/4th of the bed. Lately hehas been putting his head on my pillow or chest or cuddles right next to me when he sleeps. He slept all afternoon. I left him to come to the office and do some work. He was not happy to be left but I cannot risk him wrestling with Blondie today. And they do wrestle the entire way from where she lives to the hospital. Neither has a fear of cars, unfortunately.



Next.............................


Remember Bandit? She was the little puppy I rescued from a near certain death (either malnutrition or an accident on the road) and Angie took her. We thought she was a he, but she is a she! She looks great, she was running and playing with two other dogs when we went to Angie's house to pick her up. Here she looks frightened and she was. But she comforts easily and I held her until we had to leave her. She is wearing her new collar as she outgrew her puppy one.



Angie and Bandit at the Palau House being used for the Animal Clinic. She still has her white paws and white tip of tail.


This was a really good match. Angie really likes Bandit and she cooks extra food for her to eat. She is a healthy puppy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment