Friday, July 17, 2015

07.17.15 A good week

We have had a good week. Made another visit to the Green Boat Men. Every one doing well. We are still awaiting a decision by the UNHRC if they will give the men refugee status.

It has been a very busy week and I am feeling the pinch of having to wrap up projects. Have about 500 more charts to review before I leave. And I am seriously considering bringing back Shorty. Ever since he was chased by the man with the knife, I really don't want to leave him alone. So I ordered a kennel and brush him every night so he gets used to grooming. He is petrified of the brush, so this is a process. I tried a few months ago and he was so frightened of the brush (and broom and shower) that I let it go. He is getting a little better with the brush but it looks as if it will take a lot  of time. And he does not leash walk. A challenge I know. I am going to use a harness for him I think so at least I won't strangle him while he in training.

After work on Friday we all (Shorty, Buddy, and me. Scarback was with us until Buddy chased him away.) went to the park for a run.We were joined by White and Black. Late afternoon light, a nice breeze from the ocean and all is well with the world.



The walk home was typical. Shorty and I were joined by Buddy and Blondie and one of her grown up pups. Chocolate was not here this afternoon. Someone stopped me to ask if they all were my dogs. No, I said, they all think they are my dogs.






For dinner we had our usual Friday barbeque. There is a new place in town run by two really nice women that has a grill open on Friday afternoons, so we stop there and pick something up. Then after dinner a nice walk along the lagoon, met with friends Marie and Glenn, couldn't find Sheryl, then we went to  O'Keefe's on the waterfront for a late snack (I brought crackers) and beverage and watch the waves and stars. Later other friends Tiffany and Darrell joined us. Tiffany is the volunteer Assistant Attorney General, Darrell is a school teacher. Both are former Peace Corps volunteers who met then married. Nice story. They are going back to DC very soon. It was a very nice evening.

 This is a lovely Inn and I enjoy sitting in the waterside "garden" at night listening to the ocean. It is just five minutes from my  apartment, so a very safe walk. And they let Shorty join me, so he just curls up under my chair, or pokes his nose through the railing to watch the water, and then sleeps. He also  gets ie cubes and a treat. It is playing lovely classical music.

Here is the gramophone in O'Keefe's. Reminds me of a scene from Out of Africa - sadly without the handsome Robert Redford or Denis Finch.



 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks dr. Please tell us that they can call home or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dr for update on men from green boat.If United Nation High Commision For Refugees take any decision please share with us .We all are eagerly waiting for their decision.If possible send their recent pics last time you posted their pics but some men are missing if possible share pics of all green boat men

    ReplyDelete