Friday, September 5, 2014

09.05.2014. YAP

I see the news that Seattle beat the PAckers. It is so odd to have such a time difference for games. The office already knows I will not be in on Monday mornings so I can go to the sports bar and watch the Patriots.

We had a very busy day today and I finished the first database for them. Have also decided to  take poictures of all of the office staff so I remember the names.

Here are a few pictures from today:

Just in case I get lost, I just go to the corner nad can find my way to work.



A friendly wave from a passenger on the motorboat. We are all onour way to work.

 
This four year old was pretty happy until the needle came out. Lots of tears before it was all done.
 



 
 
 
Continuing Medical Education seminar given my Dr. Peter and Judith Palmer, PhD (another Peace Corps Response volunteer). Lecture was on ebola and the hospital personnel have a rather good handle on isolation policies. Later, I had Judith over to my apartment for dinner and music by Bruce Springsteen. Am not much of a cook, but pretty hard ot  mess up spaghetti and sauce.
 


 
While we have coffee or tea to keep us going during the day and at conferences, they are big fans of beetlenut. Here are pictures of preparing beetlenut during the conference. The essential ingredients appear to  be beetlenut, tobacco and lime. No one used vodka during the lecture. Most important, you must have a container to spit out the stuff when you are done.
 

 



 
 
 The essential ingredients: beetlenut, tobacco, lime (white container) and spit can.



Men and women, they all use it. Here is another version of the spit can, but you can see the container with lime in the bag with the beetlenut.

 
 
Tomorrow, data! I promised them at the weekly meeting that I will bring in the hard evidence on why this is not such a good idea. Internet, don't fail me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment