Saturday, September 13, 2014

09.13.14. A visit to Mr. Peter's compound

While taking pictures of just about  everything along the road, which runs along the waterway, a gentleman  named Peter stopped me to invite me into his compound. He seemed to know that I was new in town and worked at the hospital. He was very gracious - his home has been passed down through the generations. As most family compounds and villages, it is lined with stone money.

Here are a few pictures of some real old money, Peter, his compound, and the signs posted in front of his place.


 
Men's lodge. No women allowed.
 



Suspended mooring ball. Much easier to catch when you are alone on the boat.



Fishing net.

A new definition of "Old money". A large stone money covered by foliage.




Mr. Peter had cut down three oranges for me. Very thoughtful of him as it was hot.

 
 
Many homes have pigs - and not just homes in the villages. On the way to wrok one sqeaks at me each morning as I walk past.



Signs in front of his house.



More pictures tomorrow. It is getting late and time for bed. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment