Monday, November 3, 2014

11.02 All Soul's Day and 11.03 Independence Day Micronesia

We have continued to have bad weather for this three day weekend. A lot of wind and rain then sun and high humidity, then more wind and rain. I am getting to read a lot as there is no good reason to get soaking wet from a long walk in the rain. Last onth I had the flu, this month I have a cold, hoping this is not  new pattern.

Today is the Independence Day for FSM - 1986. There were  no big celebrations in Colonia - I didn't see any at all. Maybe there were some celebrations in the villages.

There are 8415 miles between Colonia and Boston, by the way the crow flies. We are 9 degrees north of the equater.


For All Soul's Day we started Mass in the cemetery - an appropriate start. The rest of the weekend was spent catching up on projects and reading. The graves are  marked by crosses, decorated with flowers and wreaths and leis.

 

 
 Altar boy in local attire. A lot of the men and women wear the traditional dress.


Tomorrow, 11/04/14 is the first birthday of my boys Fionnegan and Gunnarr. Those little cuties, I do miss them. My little fluff muffins. Can't wait to see them again.



No comments:

Post a Comment