Wednesday, November 26, 2014

11.26.14 Mail and homemade cookies

We all look forward to Wednesday. The flight from Guam arrives late in Tuesday night bringing the island mail. The freighter was also here today - unloaded and  left. I am still waiting for several boxes  of  brochures that I ordered a long time ago. so hopefully they are on this shipment. I could not wait anly longer to give the lectures so we did  it without the benefit of the brochures.

Was very surprised to see that my boys Fionnegan and Gunnarr are in the Thanksgiving spirit. They do look cute.




Thank you all for the  cards, and to my friend Kari for the homemade cookies. What a surprise that was.  This  is a picture of me after eating a cookie or two.



Yap is said to be very low key for Christmas. There is one tree already  lit  and was a beautiful site this morning on my way to work.


Had trained the Public Health staff in donning and doffing personal protection equipment. Then I told them that they would train the rest of the hospital staff. They were a bit surprised that I would turn it all over to them, but that is the only way for any program to b e sustainable. Naty and Daniel gave the first lectures today, including the pre and post lecture test.  Here are some pictures of them teaching in the conference room. They did very well and it was nice to hear Naty use some of my phrases in her lecture! She also used my style of presenting, asking the audience questions as she went through the slides. Good for her.




Looks like  I have a front row seat for the rest of the hockey season!

No comments:

Post a Comment