Wednesday, June 10, 2015

06.10.15. green boat and OI trip - Fais

Word has it the UN refugee agency is back but as of last night no one has spoken to the men. I saw a couple at the  hospital yesterday.

Continuing on my trip, here are a few comments and pictures from Fais.


05.27 and 05.28.15  Fais, Ulithi – Falalop and Fedrai

It was back “home” to Fais. I do love that place and have some very nice acquaintances there. Alphonso the health assistant is always a delight to visit, Madeleine and Mayson are also dear friends in the making. I had some conversations with both – too short. Madeleine should be coming to Yap in June or July. I do hope to see them both again before I leave.

The breast awareness program is moving along slowly bit surely here. We are a bit fatigued on the trip and I can see why you want to do allof the work on the way to Satawal, rather than on the return trip. But we plug along. These are the islands hit by the typhoon and I suspect they are feeling even more fatigue. By that I mean, it is   hard to get excited about a new initiative when they are still trying to cope with the massive clean-up efforts. Rebuilding structures has not arrived. Was told some materials would be arriving soon.

Here are a few pictures from Fais.
 
Sunrise over the Pacific.


The crew from the ship. They worked hard and took good care of us.




No school whenthe ship arrives!


These were very calm seas. Normally there is a big surf and people worry about the small launches. This time almost no surf. It is actually fun to go through the surf - I rather enjoy  it!





New puppies! They are so cute.


Meet Ranger. Look at those beautiful blue eyes. He had a brother that looked just like him but apparently someone took him. I am notsure howon a small island with just a few people one can get away with that! Especially when stealing a white, blue eyed puppy!



This little fellow was sick on the ship so I asked the Mom to bring himwiht us to the dispensary. He got the medicine he needed there. The ship has medicine, but it islocked in a cabinet and no onehashte key or knows the contents. So I would just advise the patients to  come ashore and go to the local clinic. That worked foreveryone.


The midwife on Fais. She helped with the clinical breast examinations.

The breadfruit is  coming back to life. Good news for the locals. It is a mainstay of the diet.


My friend Madeleina, a school teacher and a veryhelpful person on Fais. She is with another very nice school teacher. He too has been very friendly and helpful. I really do enjoy my timein Fais.


I can only eat so much rice.  All the animals got some, too. There are puppies, a chicken and a kitten.
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to dr. Rosemary on behalf of my family and relatives. Naveen kumar's father (satbir) and mother ( Rosni) want to talk him by mobile phone.dr. i can't provide you identification here.please tell me your email address. My email address is akjangra410@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Un refugee agency is back . What refugee officer tell about green boat people. Are they claim for refugees status. .please tell us dr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr we all are waiting forthe decision please share it when any news flash regarding asylum and un representative

    ReplyDelete