Tuesday, June 30, 2015

06.30.15 Traveling news and frightening news

First, I will be leaving tonight for Bangladesh. Last year I helped with the examinations of the garment factory workers and we are doing the same now. Will also give a presentation at the Grant School of Pubic Health and meet with government officials. My dear friend Ruhul Abid has started a nonprofit called Health and Education for All and I am the VP and Global Health Advisor. It is hot off  the presses and we will use this to help the operations. Under this umbrella is Health on Wheels-USA which helps provide medical care for the  workers. More will be posted as we progress on the trip. Leave Yap at 1:30 AM, then have the opportunity to flew en ruote to Guam, Seoul, Singapore, and then Dhaka. If you look at the map, that is the long way there! But the price was right! Will be back home in 1 days and my friend Madeleine and her husband Erwin will be staying in my place.

And on the bad side news - someone tried to murder Shorty. I left the hospital to go to town and was gone for 15 minutes. People heard him barking and saw a man pull a knife out of his basket (that basket of wisdom) and chase Shorty and try to stab him. Good thing Shorty is a chicken little at heart - he hid under a car. But when I got back, he did not want to leave my side. When I got back one of the nurses took me around the hospital to look for the man but  he was gone.

To make matters worse (for me anyway) is that I had to leave him so I could get ready for the trip. When he saw me get in the car to leave he immediately went back under another car. Poor little guy. Before I left I took him to the park which he really likes and he stayed very close with one eye on me the whole time but otherwise had fun running into the water and playing with Buddy. Not the typical day.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete