Tuesday, December 2, 2014

12.02.14 Batten down the hatches

Right now, we are in a direct line for the typhoon to hit us tomorrow. We are in a state of emergency, windows are being shuttered, loose objects stored, and everyone buying enough betel nut and soft drinks to get them through a few rough days. I am on duty at the hospital tomorrow and Thursday, and if there are aftermaths of the typhoon, then will help out at the centers being prepared for an emergency.

The storm is heading northwest, right in our direction. There was no significant damage to the outer islands already hit by the storm.

There is an excellent chance we will lose power and our internet connection. That should be expected. Don't worry, I'll post again as soon as I can. You can follow the typhoon on NOAA Guam.



And my buddy Chocolate found me this morning. A brown dog was trying to nuzzle up to me when I looked and saw Chocolate wagging his bobbed off tail. He growled at the other dog and got his breakfast. Then he walked me to work, where he sat for a few hours, then ran an errand with me, then waited for me for a while again. All is right with the world now that I know no one ate him. I'll never forget that image of them roasting a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment