Saturday, December 13, 2014

12.14.14 Meet Riyuul

OK, I really do more than rescue stray dogs and children. Today I counted that I have 12 projects moving forward one way or another. Six projects ago I said that I had enough to do until my contract expeires, but it seems every week something else gets added to my list. So feeding the dogs on my walks to and from work is a way to relax and unwind from a hectic day in the office. I am on Yap, right?

Here is the puppy I hoped to bring home. I have named her Riyuul - Yapese for true, faithful, honest. Honestly, she is a cutie. She is also a barker, so for certain I could not have hidden her in the apartment.

Here is Riyuul and her sister Chaddy (I think that is what Angie is going to name her puppy).



The girls with their Momma. Had to use my cell phone so picture quality not as good as I would like.




So - do you think Fionn and Gunnarr would like a big little sister dog?

On my way to the hospital I found a darling puppy wondering around on the road. So I picked him and up and really had a hard time putting him back down. My first thoughts were to take him home - but it was clear I cannot have a puppy. When I out him down he was really lost so I picked him up and asked at a nearby house if he was theirs. He wasn't, so I asked - Would you  take him? They said sure - then I asked if they would take "good" care of him. And they said yes again. So I walked him over to them and they picked him up and put him on their porch. Of course, I will be checking every day for him. Some people don't think I amall that crazy - they even thank me for taking care of them.





 
 
 
Now that he has a good home, I will focus on Shorty and one dog that I have not yet named. I am afraid of getting too attached but also have not thought of the best name for him. Shorty and this dog seem to be able to spot me a mile away. Both come running up to me - the bigger one does the same thing as Chocolate - rubs his head against my legs. Both are pups and playful. The bigger one will "sit" and give me a "paw" for his food. Not bad. :) And Shorty followed me into the  hospital today - the people just look at him and me and smile.
 
 
I like his white paws. Someone has put collars on the dogs - after the villagers were bringing dogs to the VietNamese for dinner. One of the priests asked me if I did it as his dog now has a collar, it wasn't me, but not a bad idea.
 

 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment