Tuesday, December 30, 2014

12.30.14 4th puppy placed

We are back at work but somehow it does not feel as if it work as usual. There are few patients in the OPD, few people in the hospital, and I suspect the doctors should prepare for the post-holiday rush.

Martina, otherwise known as the first lady, wears a holiday wreath that had fallen from the ceiling and I put around the water tank. She is the co-ordinator of the immunization program. She also has a new tint for the holidays.


Could you have a serious conversation with Martina as she was wearing  her garland? They were deep in a most serious discussion.




Naty, the co-ordinator of Maternal Child Health. She is a midwife.



As I passed the Guang Mao, a female dog was barking at me and barring her teeth. She has never done that as I pass her every morning. So I said - where is your puppy? And sure enough, this is her puppy that she was protecting from people. He was crying. He looks as if he is related to my Shorty.



He is cute, but not  in my home placement program - at least not yet.



This family lives along the lagoon.. The little boy always say "bye" but is too shy to shake my hand. Today he asked to shake hands, so I snagged a picture, too.  They are related to Melissa, who works in Public Health.




Tuesday is Cute Baby Day, only a few here for immunizations. Love the wool hat!


Bethany is the granddaughter of Denitha, who runs the school health program and is involved in child development. Bethany got a new bicycle for Christmas. And her immunizations.


She liked the cards - birds, flowers, dogs and the fish on my door.


This is Agnes  with her new puppy. You're welcome. We met up while walking and I spotted this little one running from the house where the former high school principle lives. So of course I have to look at him. His wife came over and told us that someone came by and essentially abandoned the dog. And she couldn't keep the puupy because she has two, and one is mean and was trying to eat the puppy. Hence, he was running. He had curled up and was sleeping and I asked her if she was going to feed him, she said no. Then I said that the puppy wouldn't survive because it was separated from the mother dog, and couldn't she feed him "over here"? Then I said I would take him but I am not allowed. So I turned to Agnes andsaid - you don't have a dog. Now she does! She was a little hesitant, but I offered treats (they work on people too, not just dogs) and that I'd carry him home for her. Soshe carried my purse and I carried the puppy. About two minutes later she said, I'd really like to carry him! And that is all there is to tell. They have bonded! Puppy kisses and all.

Agnes and her new puppy - to be named. He is in good shape - a healthy little one.



It is getting that time when I too should take my break. Good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment