Wednesday, December 17, 2014

12.17.14 Busy day, birthday, office tree, guest

Got up especially early today to enjoy my "special" day. It rained really hard this morning nad the winds were also brisk. Birthdays should be celebrated so I took myself out for breakfast. The view is great, the food so so. The walked to work. The usual dogs were along the way and everyone was fed. The office put up a tree and decorated it and it also plays Christmas music. Everyone is getting into the spirit. We now will have three doctors leaving, two at the end of this week and one more in January. And the coordinator of the Noncommunicable Disease Program is also leaving. There will be a lot of restructuring in the near future.


The arrival of our Christmas tree. Watch out for the women  with the machete!




Public Health is starting to decorate.



Here is our tree.




Here is Bandit, the puppy I found wondering by the road. As it turns out, the mother dog has stopped feeding her and the owners asked if I would take her. I do have a home for her since I am not allowed apet, but she is spending the night so Angelina can bring in a box tomorrow. She was also in the  office where she slept on my lap as Iworked at the computer. She probably doesn't weigh five pounds and they think she is about 6 weeks old. Blondie is her mother dog, I am willing to bet Chocolate is her father dog. She was feeling well, so I made her oatmeal, which she didn't like. Then she got Charlie Bear treats and some spaghetti noodles and seemed to do well with that. She will be in her new home tomorrow night, but I did put a ribbon around her neck from a birthday gift.




Bandit took a long nap when we came home from the office. Gave me a chance to inspect her, pull off the ticks and medicate her for ticks and fleas. Maybe she will feel better later.

This was a noce way to spend my birthday.



She is learning how to eat out of a bowl. And now when I am writing this, she is curled up in a little ball and sleeping nearby.



Bandit having a dinner of Charlie Bear treats, crackers and spagetti.




No comments:

Post a Comment